Today’s message is brought to you today by:
Despite the fact that there are no more “Saturday Morning Cartoons”, up until a few moments ago, I would say I was having a pretty good day. And then…. I decided to clean the house…. (* mentally--insert Halloween theme song here*)
Now, being the very busy person that I am, I feel very lucky that the Dragon doesn’t breathe down my back about certain parts of the house looking crazy until I can tidy it up on the weekends…which brings me to the inspiration of this blog…
As most of you know, I took on the challenge of trying to tame this fire-breathing dragon about three months ago. You knew, our parents knew, the mover’s knew….everybody knew….or at least that’s what I thought…
After opening a piece of mail that fell behind a couch (that flew under a chair that was tucked inside the sofa…you get the point) I find a forwarded piece of mail from Bellsouth (my previous phone company) stating that I had a balance of $80.XX due this month. Huh??
So, I had to have a talk with myself: It went something like this:
Me: “Self?”
Self: Yes
Me: Where did THIS come from?
Self: Your guess is as good as mine…
Me: This is a bill for Bellsouth…
Self: I know…
Me: I thought you had that disconnected at the end of August?
Self: I did! You were very serious with me too!!
Me: Self?
Self: yeah…
Me: If you had it disconnected, then how could you still be receiving bills?
Self: I don’t know
Me: Self?
Self: yeah…
Me: How could the bills have new amounts due? Self: I dunno
Me: Self? Do I have to call Bellsouth?
Self: looks like…
Self: I?
Me: yeah..
Self: good luck with that…
So, after going back and forth with myself…I decided to call Bellsouth…and that’s when I met him….
Anyway, I explained that I placed an order to disconnect the service three months ago and according to a bill that was forwarded to my new address-- it appears that the account was still active…(I thought that was a decent explanation of the events…)
For the next 20 minutes, “Jerry LMNOP” did a dance similar to MC HAMMER ALL OVER MY NERVES!! In a nutshell, I was a liar and I had “just made a payment in September”…In addition, “the system didn’t show that I had the service disconnected”…blah, blah, blah…
I tried to tell Jerry…I didn’t make a payment in September…because I thought the account was closed---like it was supposed to be…but he was STUCK.
He "SAW" a payment and couldn't get past the fact that I didn't make it!!
So…this message goes out to “Jerry Jerk” (his new nickname) Representative 9376483292lmnop
People steal phone service when it hasn't been disconnected
(you might see current activity on your screen)
A payment on a September bill was probably made in August…not September…!!!
(your company does that to show the customer that their payment has been received )
Jerry and I were disconnected.
They’re going to forward the bill to my new address and once I fax them the information showing that I vacated my previous address on suchandsuch (that's a real word) date--I’ll be credited. In addition, she has placed the order to disconnect my service "effective immediately"...
Counselor tip of the day: Clean regularly.

11 comments:
who knows how many unpaid bills are out there for the Dragon. Unpaid because they're incorrect of course. It's a darn good thing that you are so thorough and efficient for the Dragon has no interest in these types of matters.
p.s. - When's the last time you saw a Dragon in the zoo?
Okay, have you seen the commercial for BellSouth high speed internet where the people say, "I have all the speed I need"?
That makes me laugh every time. As though anyone ever has all the speed they need. Please. You can never have enough speed.
I have to go pick imaginary bugs off my skin now.
Dragon....
You're wierd!
Mist1...
As usual, you're hilarious... :)
Yes...I've seen the commericial, but I'm sure I'll never see it the same way again!
Your experience with Bell South reminds me of a problem I had with Talk America. I had payed some of Skittles phone bills and when she moved to another apartment, she called them to disconnect her phone and start at her new place. To make a long story short, they disconnected MY phone. These phone people are so dumb at times.
That Mike guy gets all over doesn't he? :)
My mom is having a problem with Sprint.. her cell phone provider. She got her phone right before she moved. After a reasonable amount of time, she called to ask why she hadn't received a bill. They said a bill had been sent and returned to them undeliverable. She asked for it to be resent. They said they couldn't do that.. against policy and now she's on their naughty people list.
Her punishment? They won't be billing her at all for the next two years of her contract.
Wow...
That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!! So, since they're not billing her--are they expecting for her to still pay??
Sheeesh...has anyone ever tried the whole can of Campbell's soup/string thing? It's gotta be more effective than what we're doing now...
Mike...
You're right...Talk America sucks too. Before switching back to Bellsouth...I had them as my local and long distance service provider. At first, it was great...then the surcharges became crazy...
I hate them all.
dang paz...
it's like that??
Gurl,
I know what you mean. When I was in college I got a bill from AT&T that was $300.00 American, the only reason I realized that it was way off, was that it had my friends dorm number in Colorado from the previous year. Needless to say, I called them and their mother's everything but a child of God until they erased the whole bill. I was a great victory for me.
Ms. Denva
Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving!
I have BellSouth, including internet service. Normally I have no problems but twice I have had to call regarding my internet service. They put me through to some joker in Pakistan who can't speaak English and reads from a script not listening to one thing I'm saying. It drives me BONKERS!!
Post a Comment